Please take your time when filling out the adoption application. Please answer questions fully and to the best of your knowledge. Completely answered questions will allow us to accurately process your application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. If a question does not apply to you, please answer n/a.
Many factors go into determining which applicant will be matched with a particular animal. If you are not chosen for a pet, it does not mean that you are not considered a good pet owner or that your home is not acceptable. Our goal is to make the best match possible based on the needs of the pet as well as the adopter. Our adoption process is the same for everyone, and it is not our intent to frustrate you. Rather, everything we do is in the best interest of the animals in our care. Our goal is to give them the best possible chance of finding a permanent, safe and loving home. Our adoption policies are based on our years of experience and the experience of many other rescues.
D.A.R.E. Animal Rescue reserves the right to refuse adoption to anyone. No animal will be adopted to prospective owners who mislead or fail to provide accurate information on this application.
- You must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- You must have I.D. showing your current address.
- Your current pets must be spayed/neutered, seen yearly by a vet for exams and vaccines, and dogs must be on heartworm prevention. This also applies to previous pets owned. We will call your vet for a medical history on current and previous pets.
- We do not usually adopt to homes with hidden or electric fences.
- You must have the knowledge and consent of your landlord if renting.
- You must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide medical treatment and proper care for your pet(s).
- You must be in a stable living environment. No roommate situations please.